The Evolved Stars and Binaries discussion group meets on Tuesdays 4-5pm, roughly every-other week in the Wolbach Library Collaboration space at the CfA. We discuss late stages of stellar evolution, stellar interactions in binaries, and update each other on progress and open questions.
We welcome new participants! Please contact Morgan MacLeod (morgan.macleod@cfa…) or Tomasz Kaminski (tomasz.kaminski@cfa…) with questions or to be added to our email list.
Spring 2018 schedule:
- Wednesday, Jan 24, 9:30-10:30am: Nancy Evans (Cephieds) and Laura Vega (DF Cygni)
- Tuesday, Feb 27, 4-5pm: Rodolfo Montez (Planetary Nebulae)
- Tuesday, Mar 6, 4-5pm: Rossane Di Stefano (Triple star evolution and GW-merger progenitors)
- Tuesday, Apr 3, 4-5pm: Michael McCollough (Cyg X-3)
- Tuesday, Apr 17, 4-5pm: Bert Pablo (Heartbeat stars)
- Tuesday, May 1, 4-5pm: Nova Carina 2018 — ASASSN-18fv
- Tuesday, May 15, 4-5pm: Morgan MacLeod (Binary Merger Remnants)
- Tuesday, May 22, 4-5pm: Anna Zytkow (Thorne-Zytkow Objects)